jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

So much fun here!

Whew! It's really so much fun here. I really enjoy the slow pace and the repetive lifestyle here---so unlike home where our life seems to be in such a rush, rush all the time---running from one place to another. Even though, we seemed to have created such a comfortable routine, there have been several adventures that have happened along the way. One day, we saw two people riding a horse on the beach--while carrying a surfboard! Check it out!




And, of course, just like anywhere else, things break. My teeny tiny pipe the connects the sink to the water pipe broke. I noticed one day that there seemed to be a large puddle of water under the sink. I thought that perhaps, I was being too messy. As I bent down to wipe up the puddle, I noticed that water was dripping from the pipe. I touched it, and crrrraaaaack, it broke! Just like that! I had to e-mail the cottage manager, for I have no access to phones,---thank heavens, she e-mailed right back saying that she would send someone over. My first thought was---when? Would that mean I'd have to hang out in the cottage all day just to let someone in? Luckily, someone did come quickly---but only to look at it. He shut off the water to my place (sink, shower, laundry, etc)--and said that he will be back later. I asked him what later meant. He didn't know. I asked him if there was any way he could be more specific--he said, "Tomorrow between 7:30-8:30 in the morning." He arrived at 7AM instead---no matter, now we have water--and can brush our teeth, take a shower, finish my laundry, etc. Look at the pipe below.




Here is a video of these adorable monkeys!



The supermarket here is very expensive--which I find rather annoying. I've learned to search elsewhere for fresh fruits and vegetables--and there's a truck full of of them---but they only come once a week. So, I tried to stock up with them. In addition, someone told me to get fish from the fish shack where the seafood is extremely cheap and fresh. He told me it'd be about $3. We go to the fish shack--and I managed to ask for a fish as well as ask how much it was in Spanish--which he said was $3. I also ordered shrimp--but somehow my English slipped--and suddenly the whole thing was $12! I told my friend, Antonio, about it---so now, he has to go buy the fish for me to keep the price low! Here are two different videos:


And lastly for this posting, check out the beautiful sunset.


Hasta Luego!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario