miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

Day 2

There are NO street signs here---in fact, there are no paved roads here---there are paths that lead to places (shortcuts, really). Those of you who have seen me get lost time and time again, due to my poor sense of direction, I mean, really poor sense of direction, may think it funny. Surprisingly, I have been able to find my way around without any help! Check it out...



As we're walking along the path, just who do you think we meet? Our friendly neighbors, so polite and peaceful---the cows! Dang, those cows are skinny--or maybe that's how cows are really supposed to look like---perhaps, I'm just used to seeing our BIG cows stuffed from oh, stuff. Our wonderful hostess, Elyza, continues to lead the way....

We hung out on the beach all day---the water is so warm and gentle. The sun doesn't have that strong Colorado glare so it's actually possible to not wear sunglasses, which is really wonderful for I so dislike wearing them. The Costa Ricans selling things on the beach are so friendly and overly trusting. Several people came up to me with beautiful pottery and jewelry---I have told several of them that I don't have the money on me---guess what they did---they gave them to me anyway and told them to pay them tomorrow! I asked them how they could b so trusting, one of them answered me by saying it's the way of the Costa Ricans! Imagine people doing that at home---would it even work for us to be so trusting? Hmmm....something to think about.

Today there is a futbol game between Costa Rica and USA---every store, every bar, every restaurant has the tv blaring---I don't think I've ever heard people shouting for joy so loudly (yes, louder than the football stadium at home) every time the Costa Ricans score. They look over to me and nod their head at me. I just smile right back at them. I can't help but feel a bit competitive...

Until tomorrow, Pura Vida!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario